Sharon H Vwr

I would like to speak to a real person

I would like to speak to a real person on the phone instead of sending text messages back-and-forth and I dont wanna have to pay to talk to a real person from Medicare that might be able to answer questions that I have for them on a medication that the FDA has approved, but Medicare Doesnt wanna approve this medication for people to take

Preferred solution: I would like to get some answers on the phone with a real person

JULIE F Mtf

Verified Reviewer

Miriam and I. (Miriam works for Medicare)

We were on the phone for 1hour and a half trying to get registered. I put in 10 or 11 codes. Finally, Success. I'm in shopping , OTC PRODUCTS. IWAS ACTUALLY IN THERE SHOPPING. THEY PULL ME BACK IN TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT. Miriam was great, I kept my cool. And finally I'm in shopping.??? Julie Flaherty Flahertyjulie948@***.com
Pros:
  • Good things

Preferred solution: Just want someone to look into it and make it more user-friendly. If you put in correct information, let us get in and take care of what are intention is. Okay, that's it. God bless you and America. Julie Flahertyjulie948@gmail.com

User's recommendation: I'm pretty sharp. What about the people who aren't? When you know you put everything right and they keep saying that you didn't, it's frustrsting. The only thing I can think of is get somebody in there to straighten it out. Allow the correct info to go through. I just wasted over 2 hours of my time. I am not going to be able to get right back in? Julie

map-marker Dallas, Texas

No help agent

I tried to change my address with Medicare with an agent! She informed me that I had to update my address with Social Security! Social Security would then update Medicare! I have a medical condition with affects my eyesight...she could have been kind enough to update my address! She chose not to assist me! Isn't that your job ! Unacceptable customer service!

User's recommendation: Don't bother with Medicare, they just want your money!

map-marker Tracy, California

Where is my tax forms

Where is our Tax forms? My husband Rolf, and I had them by January for 2022, so where are the 2023 ones.

User's recommendation: Start bugging them for your tax paperwork before February, so you can do your taxes and either get your refund or pay your taxes before April 15th

Resolved
Bricia Eka
map-marker Owosso, Michigan

Resolved: 0 RATING.

Updated by user Feb 03, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Discovered another plan.

Original review Jan 26, 2024
Medicare what a joke!!! It offers barley anything!!! Numerous out of pocket costs! REALLY??!!! People are okay with it???
map-marker Arlington, Virginia

Disabled person

Being a disabled person, the government has canceled my benefits, that is my qualification because they have incompetent people who do not know how to do their jobs well.

User's recommendation: if they deliver what they mean taken away

Linda R Pbn

Medicare - I need this - Image 3
Medicare - I need this - Image 4
Medicare - I need this - Image 5
Medicare - I need this - Image 6
I need a scooter to help me get around. I cant do anything at all. I sit on my couch all day. I reall would like to shop but my breathing I just can't. I was always a very active person and now I cant breath or walk. Cant go upstairs or down. I feel dead inside. I cant go dinner or go for a walk. It is a terrible way to live.

User's recommendation: Try to get one it will help your nees

Aleez C

No Acknowledgment on my application

I'm only looking for update on my application. It has been mover 4 weeks and not a even an acknowledgment. This whole situation is driving me nuts. I feel like I'm running in circles like a headless chicken. Dealing with this stupid "AI" computer that doesn't even comprehend our stress and emotions is beyond frustrating. I've wasted so much time pressing all these damn options, only to end up being redirected to the website. And guess what? The website is utterly useless! I can't get all the answers or complete what I need to do there. It's like a never-ending loop that eventually throws me back to calling Medicare. What the heck am I supposed to do? This circus has been going on for over a month now, and it's absolutely infuriating.

Preferred solution: Update on our enrollment application

User's recommendation: Do we have a choice??

Gloria H Nkk

| map-marker Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon

Lost medicare card

I need my new medicare number so i can apply for insurence can you email the information i dont have my new medicare number i lost my purse
map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

Medicare

I went to the SSI office to sign up for Medicare on may 19 2023 and I never got the card yet and I call SSI office on Oct 20 and they let you know that I never got my card from you and they said it will come in 14 days it been 14 days nothing came yet so I call you now
Valerie W Gjd
map-marker Miami, Florida

Demeaning elderly women.

The commercial with GLADYS (old lady name) is demeaning to elderly women. She's AWFUL and she doesn't represent old women! We can still be attractive, intelligent and NICE. That commercial should be taken DOWN! Or show an old MAN being an ignorant jerk! I put the same review on Utube and I read the reviews and thousands agree.

User's recommendation: Leave a review for this typecasting commercial.

Mary A Gvf

| map-marker Eugene, Oregon

After receiving two automated calls on SATURDAY, I am ready to report this company

PacificSource Insurance is a Medicare advantage program on the west coast, supposedly to be better as a company because you 'get live' agents on the phone rather than a branch of prompts to get to a department. Here's the issue if you live in Oregon and have PacificSource in place of straight Medicare or SNP program with straight Medicare/Medicaid program: 1. The company deforests several trees with often useless paperwork that has little or nothing to do with your plan, and if you have a spouse consider the fact that all this paperwork is going to arrive in duplicates or even triplicates, including: EOB (explanation of benefits), Ghost Doctor lists that are over 10 years old containing false information of availability (if they even still exist), as well as an extremely limited understanding of DME (medical durable equipment) companies they contract with, most which specializes with specific products only (like hospital beds). 2. they have a delivery pharmacy, that they take pride in offering, but does not work with the SNP clients (Medicare/Medicaid) that they have. In short, if you are complicated enough to have Medicaid, they will not help, and their lists of pharmacies are pretty much curtailed to "in store pharmacies" not pharmacies that only sells medical products. 3. They will call endlessly and at times multiple times a day for surveys, and other fulfilling needs THEY have, yet if you have problem getting YOUR needs met, it's better to contact an ombudsman at MEDICAID, or MEDICARE plan dependent. They offer both a limited MEDICAID plan and a 'supportive MEDICAID plan' that is supposed to cover rollover programs in MEDICAID, but they don't know how to run it. 4. Their receptionists seemly are untrained workers, who don't understand what the company offers, or cannot seem to connect you to the right department. So you will have to explain your problems several times and still not be in the right department for your needs. 5. While they have "in house" advocates, their reach of assistance is only to get you a doctor or to make limited calls on your behalf for missed doctor visits, or pharmacy calls. If your doctor fails to put billing codes in your script to the pharmacy or in prior authorization request, including specialist doctors, don't expect them to help, this is not their roll. 6. The pulled apart Medicaid system is just that: a butchered Medicaid program that is privatized and doesn't seemingly understand the federal plans or restrictions. I used to be a dual eligible billing specialists for most insurances including Medicare/Medicaid, for over 30 years. There are federal guidelines they are expected to follow, especially for SNP clients, including not demanding money or for them to insist those who are SNP to pay anything out of pocket; I checked again YESTERDAY (11/02/2022), the law is the law. And by privatizing MEDICAID they think they can ask for additional fees/funds, or ask you to pay out of pocket for certain medications, supplements including parts for mobility, and this is against agreements that Medicare/Medicaid under CMS, because it is conceivable that the insurance is still being billed and you are "expected" by suppliers, pharmacies, doctors, or even the insurance, to PAY out of pocket. This is called "double dipping", meaning that they are getting two reimbursements for ONE bill. In the end, the work you will have to do as a client almost requires you to have spent the same amount of time as a billing specialist as I was to get your needs met. You will put in hours trying to make sense of what they are not understanding, the run around, as well as misdirection. You'd be better off with straight Medicare and standardized Medicaid, if you are eligible.
Mary A Gvf

| map-marker Eugene, Oregon

Bad customer Service, Not informed of the coverage they offer, and refusal to assist when necessary

Updated by user Nov 28, 2022

There seemly is "no end" to Pacific Source's inability to understand what they have taken on as an insurance program by attempting to do privatized Medicaid. I don't know if there will be a 'fix' or not to this problem. They are taking on a federal program that has...

Original review Oct 29, 2022
Let me please open this with the fact I used to be a Dual Eligible Biller. This means I have a long history of working with insurances, that my expertise involved Medicare/Medicaid with successful turnaround for various medical companies federal laws involved with Medicare/Medicaid are very specific mandates. Pacific Source does not seem to understand that when they decided to pick up "SNP" (dual eligibility for medicare/medicaid referring to "special needs" clientele) they HAVE to provide a link between state and federal support for their clients. This isn't my law, this is the federal mandates. They offer no alternatives when the state law says; "Patients are not allowed to pay out of pocket for services, medical supplies or medication." If PacificSource cannot find suppliers, medication coverages (often requiring Prior authorization), they recommend you pay out of pocket using "Good RX". List Issues: "ghost doctor" referrals (list of doctors that are no longer providing under their insurance, retired, lost licenses for malpractice, deceased, some on the list were "never primary care physicians" (working as a specialized ER doctor), or in one case the doctor was not licensed to work in the USA. Confusion of what they offer as insurance Failure to know what "SNP" means or that they have a department for Dual Eligible coverage. They have split Medicaid in two, further confusing their customers in what services they actually have: one is part "C" with limited dental, eye care, behavioral services. The secondary plan (meant to takeover Medicaid), does NOT have access to the state Medicaid system, so if there is a 'real problem' they cannot act as an advocate or intervene on the client's behalf. Constant Rain of Paperwork that is useless. They make automated calls at night and weekends when the office is closed. Being asked to take two "Wellness Visits". They don't even know when the client has taken care of their visits. So you end up spending most of your time correcting letters they send, having to find your own doctors even if off list, and the never ending problems if you have dual eligibility.

User's recommendation: For all the corrections you will need to do to get your account handled properly, it is better to find another part C program, or return to standard Medicare.

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Peggy L Aqo

| map-marker Belleview, Florida

SOOOOO VERY SICK of ADS

Medicare ads are becoming as annoying as Attorney solicitations. They go on and on and on. We are not stupid, braindead older citizens out here. Why do they persist in beating us over the head with Joe Namath and Jimmie "JJ" Walker, et al?? These commercials are becoming like thorns in our sides. I just want to reach out and choke the speaker at this point because I have heard the same drivel 100 times before. I beg these multi-million dollar companies to just give us a break for a time. We are thoroughly sick of your ads!!!

Preferred solution: STOP the BROWBEATING!!!

User's recommendation: Obtain your own info! Don't be goaded by these ads!

Guest

About ready to file a complaint to the FCC. These networks have ran these medicare ads into the ground for over two years now. About time for somebody to draw the line!

Guest

Agreed! So sick of these commercials constantly over played! For over two years now!

View more comments (1)
drpalmer P
map-marker Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I just received one of these! MEDICARE SCAMS ARE IN YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW! Beware of any official looking mailer that appears to come from Medicare or Social Security. IT DOESN'T, it's a prepaid postcard to SD Reply Center PO PX 2528 Rockwall TX 75087-**** or some other DECEIVING SCAM COMPANY. Your medical history INFORMATION is protected, do not give it TO ANYONE! With just your name and date of birth, ANYONE can steal your IDENTITY! This new official looking SCAM document says: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ IMPORTANT: NEW MEDICARE CHANGES Your Medicare benefits have been reduced by congress due to increases in your deductibles and "Part-A" Co-Insurance payment. Now Medicare pays less of your healthcare cost and you are responsible for the unpaid balance. Also, the DRG PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM is still in effect and sets PER AILMENT CEILINGS on MEDICARE'S payment to a hospital. Because of these CEILINGS, many hospitals are now transferring patients to lower cost nursing homes or extended care facilities. For FREE information on your current Deductibles and Co-Insurance payments as well as per ailment ceilings set by Medicare and the benefits now in effect, return this postage paid inquiry card today! Name: Date of birth: Spouse: Date of birth: Phone: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS DECIEVING SCAM IS SENT TO SCARE AND ANGER YOU INTO RESPONDING BY: TARGETLEADS SD REPLY CENTER PO BOX 2528 ROCKWELL, TX 75087 959 W Ralph Hall Pkwy Ste 101, Rockwall, TX 75032-**** Phones: (972) 722-**** (800) 723-**** Faxes: (972) 722-**** (214) 342-**** When you receive this official looking SCAM card "throw it away"!
Guest

Already sick of these over rated commercials that have been constantly shown over and over! Annoying!!!!

Guest

I just received one of these postcards at our business address with someones name on who used to be working here. After reading here that it was most likely from Target Leads, went to their website at http://targetleads.com/contact.html & then called them at 1-80*-***-****.

Pressed Option 0 to speak with an operator. After giving the ID #, name & address, they stated they'd get this to their Data collection dept & have the information removed from the mailing lists.

Guest

Already sick of this Joe nameth commercial!!!! I can't believe this annoying commercial has be on television for over a year or more! I wished these stupid networks would quit shoving this commercial in my face!!!!

Michele Ywq

I just got one today. I looked up and find this thread.

First it was address to only a portion of my full legal name. SS would have address to my full legal name. Second, I am not going to be 65 in 2021. So I am shredding.

Thanks for this post.

Never give the information they are asking for on a postcard and send back through the mail. SS would never send something like this.

Guest

I received one today. I am a Veteran and use the VA for all my healthcare.

Never signed up for Medicare.

That's what set my "watch out, this is a scam" alarm. Glad my instincts were correct.

Guest

Just received this pink postcard yesterday (5/18/20) I googled it, thank God! I figured it was a scam and that's exactly what it is!!

Tossed in trash!!! Falls in the category of: BUYER BEWARE!!!

Emre Dti

We have had friends have receive these mailers and they are not scams. On the very bottom it says in capital letters: not affiliated with any government agency These are insurance agencies or insurance companies just simply doing marketing to give you more information.

But nowhere on the mailer does it show or look as if they are pretending to be from the government. They’re asking for basic information to see if you’re eligible for Medicare.

You’re not asking for Social Security numbers. So there’s no need to be alarmed.

Guest

The same 'PO Box 2528, Rockwall, TX 75087' address is now attached to an alumni association offer for long term care insurance. My alumni association has a long term care insurance discount, but the address and info doesn't look like what I got from SD Reply Center.

Going on the address and the comments on this page, this is just a rebranding of the same scam. Into the shredder it goes!

Guest

Just received the post card. Threw it away.

Guest

January 21, 2020. Still at it. Must work for them or they wouldn't bother with it.

View more comments (65)
map-marker Fort Wayne, Indiana

Annoying Medicare Commercials!!!!

About ready to file a complaint with the FCC. This commercial had ran its course into the ground!!! Over rated! And over played constantly on every network! Enough is enough!!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article